Shiloh Day 1: Encounter NightBishop David Oyedepo
You now belong to a new dawn family where new things don’t stop happening; where you go from strength to strength and you keep shining brighter and brighter. “Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them (Isaiah 42:9). God is always out there declaring new things. But what you don’t receive can never impact on your life. What you reject and despise can never produce in your life. Until your heart receives the fruit, no matter how strange it is from the Word of God, it can never produce fruits in your life. You are empowered to become every word you receive and believe.
Shiloh is essentially a feast of the word. Every word you catch today delivers proofs tomorrow. “He upholds all things by the Word of His power”.
HOW DO I POSITION FOR AN ENCOUNTER WITH THE WORD?
1. Be born again: Until you are born again, you will never access any of the mysteries of the kingdom. Ensure that your salvation is not appropriated. “And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables” (Mark 4:11).
2. Be desperate for an encounter: (Luke 19:1-10) Everything in the kingdom delivers on our crave. In every prophetic service there are catch up moments, only the sensitive and desperate can catch up with it.
3. Be spiritual: Only men of the spirit can hear from heaven (Revelation 1:10).
4. Be sensitive: (2 Kings 2:10) Be watchful for your own word.
5. Maintain a quiet spirit: (1 Kings 19:11-13, 1 Peter 3:4) You need a quiet spirit to have encounters with God.
6. Be joyful: (Isaiah 12:3, Psalms 89:15, Philippians 4:4, 2 Corinthians 12:7, Luke 10:1).
7. Walk in the fear of the Lord: (Job 29:4) “The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him and He will show them his covenant” (Psalms 25:14). Every kingdom secret makes a star. Every word encounter when applied makes a star of any believer. The fear of the Lord gives unlimited access into the deep things of God. So, the more of the fear of God we embrace, the deeper our insight into the secret of God and the word of life.
“According as his divine power hath given unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2Peter 1:3). So, all things are accessible through revelation. Jesus finished all your works on the cross when He cried it is finished.
Behind the ordeal of man is the wickedness of the wicked that has come to kill, steal and destroy. That is his mandate (John 10:10). But at redemption, you were translated from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of His own dear son (Colossians 1:13). And so, the devil has no legal right over your affairs anymore. In the kingdom you now belong to, witches and wizards have no access. You are raised together with Him, and meant to sit together with Him in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:6). The domain of the wicked is far below where you are seated; therefore they no more have dominion over your life.
It is not the hearing or reading of the Word that gives light, it is the entrance of the Word that gives light (Psalms 119:130). When you are illuminated by the Word, you dominate your circumstances without sweat. The devil only takes advantage of our ignorance to torment us. Revelation is what determines your level of knowledge.
Behind most sicknesses or diseases is the oppression of the devil. If you are now repositioned above the devil, how can he oppress you anymore? (Isaiah 54:14). There is no power of the devil anywhere. The Bible defines the devil in the New Testament as a trickster, a manipulator, a deceiver. If he has anything the world calls power, Christ has given us power above all his power, so that nothing that he operates in can hurt us (Luke 10:19, Zechariah 1:21, Hebrew 2:14). You should do all you can to invest in word encounter because that is where your security is.